[Ffmpeg-devel] Question about FAQ 1.3

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Dec 11 15:57:21 CET 2005

Hello,

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 21:17 +0100, Balatoni Denes wrote:
[...]
> Maybe it is referring to the a-v desync that's possible if the soundcard is
> not exactly clocked at the nominal sampling rate (eg. 44100 Hz). For one,
> MEncoder compensates for this (the video and audio stay in sync although the
> audio is faster/slower than in the original).
If I understand correctly, I think ffmpeg can compensate this drift too,
by properly resampling the audio to synchronize audio and video. I think
this is what the async option is for, right?

Maybe the FAQ entry has been written before async was implemented?

			Luca

 Sponsor:
 Regala la tua Photo-CD in una bella custodia! Con Nierle ? facile, veloce ed economico! Clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4185&d=11-12