[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [MEncoder-users] new doom9 codec comparission

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Fri Dec 2 23:21:03 CET 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>>1 week has passed and noone volunteers, so ffmpeg/mencoder wont be included
>>>in the next doom9 comparission i guess
>>
>>Doh! I don't know as much as some people here, but I'll try to do my best.
>>It'd be shame if ffmpeg were omitted. And shame on the rest of you guys.
>

> hmm are you the only volunteer? Corey Hickey do you volunteer too? if no then
> dominik has the job, unless of course there are objections or other volunteers

Yeah, I've been working on it since yesterday. If somebody else wants to
be the official person, I don't mind; tomorrow (probably) I'm going to
submit to mencoder-users the best encoding and decoding parameters I can
come up with and we can move forward from there.

I think this ought to be a group effort to the extent that anyone who
can contribute should contribute as much as he or she can. Doom9 wants
results by "the week-end after next at the very very very latest", so we
don't have a lot of time. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and
I'll make a list of what results I have later today.

> if no then the final decission about what parameters will be used is yours,
> just a few suggestions, feel free to ignore them
> * give credit to whoever suggested some parameter(s)
> * keep disscussions about the parameters on a public mailinglist
> * buy a asbestos suit

Reasonable.

-Corey