[Ffmpeg-devel] Cedocida DV-Codec

Steven M. Schultz sms
Sat Aug 27 05:31:07 CEST 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Mark Rages wrote:

> The ffmpeg DV encoder is too slow for my purpose (I want to decode,
> process and re-encode in real time).  From a quick look through the

	Need a faster system :)

	I see 147 frames/sec decoding with ffmpeg (2GHz G5 PPC) - that should
	leave plenty of time for encoding.  Haven't fired up the Opteron system
	to see what it'd do.

> source, the cedocida codec looks a little more refined than the "dv.c"
> codec in ffmpeg.  Adapting it would involve removing a lot of Windows
> dreck.  But I didn't see any "C++isms" in there.  Just C and asm.

	Hmmm, so the 'asm' would have to be stubbed out or bypassed for
	non IA32 systems.  Is the asm code AMD64 friendly at least?

	Speaking of things DV - has anyone heard from Roman recently?  At one
	time he'd expressed interest in working on a DVCPRO50 capability - that
	would be a real nice thing to have.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz