[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: uninstall target

Burkhard Plaum plaum
Thu Aug 25 02:39:56 CEST 2005

Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> Maybe, though my guess is that installing only makes sense when you
> build a dynamic libavcodec, which is not well supported in an aspect...

It's gotten MUCH better. pkg-config support and the fixes of some memleaks,
which occurred only in dynamic libs, make things much easier. Still missing
(but not urgent) would be -fPIC support for ia32 platforms, but that can only be
done by some assembler guru.

An unistall target can also be REALLY useful if one decides to switch the
installation path (e.g. from $HOME to /usr/local or so).

Cheers

Burkhard