[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Potential memory leak when using libavcodec.so

Burkhard Plaum plaum
Fri Aug 12 18:55:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

> yes, if someone maintains it (=fix related bugs within less then a week or
> show some sign of actively working on it at least)
> it also must not break existing code which explicitly calls av_free_static()

Ok, I'll submit a patch ASAP. I've read some gcc docs of versions 2.95 through
4.0.1 (not ALL of course): __attribute__ ((destructor)) is supported on
ALL targets, not only ELF. We never had a single problem in libquicktime, which
uses the same trick. If problems occur, I'll of course look after them.

Explicitly calling av_free_static() should not cause problems, since it sets
the freed pointers to NULL, so subsequent calls will do nothing.

Cheers

Burkhard