[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] Segfaults when streaming

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk
Tue Aug 9 12:59:16 CEST 2005

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On 8/8/05, Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com> wrote:
>

>>Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>>

>>>How about this:
>>>Has anyone gotten this to work with a brooktree card and a version
>>>from CVS?  If so, can you send your ffserver.conf file and tell me the
>>>date of the pull from CVS?
>>>
>>>Adam
>>>

>>Alright...  So apparently this is a bug that no one wants to deal with
>>at the moment.  Is there a bug tracker for ffmpeg?  Should I just leave
>>this problem as is and assume it's being worked on?
>>

>I suggest you try to use VLC for streaming. It might suit your needs better.
>
>Guillaume

I'd hope that if an enduser pointed out a bug, the stance of the ffmpeg
developers would be to fix it (or at least acknowledge it), not to refer
the end user to another project :-)   Especially when it used to work
just fine...

But if you think VLC is a better option, I'll give it a shot.  Thanks!

Adam