[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] Re: Using ffmpeg libs in an OSS project is a nightmare

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Aug 9 10:37:46 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm not an FFmpeg developer so I won't have the last word anyway, but...

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:00:46PM +0200, Kenneth Lavrsen wrote:
> I am for sure interested. And I do not even see the reason for an
> additional CVS.
> We can just agree - 3 times per year - which of the recent CVS snaps we
> want to release based on experience and a short test with our own project
> that WE do ourselves.
>
> We choose a release candidate - test it - and if it works for all of us -
> we release.
> If not - we try another one.
> That will be very simple and I will be happy to participate in that with
> Motion.
> I am sure we can arrange with the major packagers that they follow up with
> their RPMs and debs.

This sounds to me like basically what you want to do is take some CVS
snapshots and tag them as good/bad and put the good ones more visibly
into the public.
I guess if somebody actually would be doing this testing/bookkeeping
even official FFmpeg releases could be done more frequently - I just
know that when we try to do an MPlayer release we usually don't find
enough people to even test half of the supported architectures/OSes.
So whatever will come out in the end, at least people testing things are
always welcome.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger