[Ffmpeg-devel] Using ffmpeg libs in an OSS project is a nightmare

Rich Felker dalias
Sun Aug 7 15:21:05 CEST 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 10:43:46AM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 03:58:13AM +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
> > On Saturday 06 August 2005 09:56, Kenneth Lavrsen wrote:
> > > ffmpeg is the ONLY open source project making shared libraries
> >
> > Maybe the solution would be to remove shared library target from
> > the makefiles :) I think atleast Rich would be happy about that,
> > static allegedly wasting less processor cycles too :)
>
> I suggested removing dynamic libavcodec support from MPlayer several
> times, but never got a majority ;-)

i agree totally with removing it from mplayer. personally i'd like to
remove dynamic library build support from ffmpeg too, but i'm hardly a
developer on this project so i don't really have much say.

rich