[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: OT: cdrecord

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Aug 3 11:46:43 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 11:29:32AM +0200, Hauke Duden wrote:
> Interesting fact on the side: the DVD+R standard demands burnproof. You
> cannot even switch it on or off anymore. So unless the standards
> committee f**ed up (which is definitely possible, but I think they got
> it right here) there must be something to it.

The DVD+R allows to determine the current position much more precise, so
"restarting" the write works much better too (I _heard_ this makes them
much more suitable for packet writing too, but I have to admit that most
info I have is "propaganda" from their own websites *g*). At least in theory
burnproof should degrade quality on these a lot less.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger