[Ffmpeg-devel] More questions(output bitrate, trapping errors)

Ian Gowen ian.gowen
Tue Aug 2 03:28:40 CEST 2005

OK, I'm having trouble setting the video bitrate of video streams of the output
file. I set the bit_rate field of the stream's codec context but it
seems to make
no difference on the actual bit rate of the stream afterwards(it ends up being
somewhere in the range of 104000 kb/s), and the bit rate of the file itself is
negative(!!). Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Also, is there a way to trap any errors that libavformat/libavcodec
might raise?
If an error occurs but is not handled, it causes my application to
(understandably)
segfault.

thanks
--Ian