[Ffmpeg-devel] musepack encoder/decoder

Tommi Sakari Uimonen tuimonen
Mon Apr 18 23:16:24 CEST 2005

Hi.

How about including musepack (aka MPEGPlus aka mpc aka mp+) encoder and
decoder to ffmpeg? Is this discussed here before? I couldn'n find the
archives and the mplayer archiving system is not very search-friendly and
old sourceforge list archives exist no more.

I didn't know that musepack was open source. I thought it was closed some
time ago, but I might be wrong. Anyhow, it's lisenced to LGPL and sources
are downloadable from:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/grimmel/musepack.net-files/source/mpcsv7-src-1.15v.tar.bz2

Project web pages:

http://www.musepack.net

I have the impression that it is great for high bitrates. Also the
following comparison rates it #1 for bitrates >160kbps:

http://www.mp3developments.com/article4.php

Tommi Uimonen