[Ffmpeg-devel] weird snow segfaults on amd64

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Mon Apr 18 03:08:09 CEST 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:21:40 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> btw, maybe try to disable the START/STOP_TIMER macros (a trivial #if ...
> ->  #if 0 change in common.h), i think gcc misscompiles them on AMD64

Right ! Disabling START/STOP_TIMER fix the segfault on AMD64.
I investigated a bit further and it seems that the "=A" constraint don't
work properly on AMD64. Maybe rdtsc modify the full rax/rdx and "=A" only
backup/restore eax/edx or something like that ?
So I've written an AMD64 specific rdtsc() implementation. I know it's not
very nice but I can't come with a cleaner solution.
Should I apply it ?

Aurel