[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: libdca (was Re: Patent Infrigement)

Attila Kinali attila
Sun Apr 17 10:41:01 CEST 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:39:34 +0200
Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:

> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >
> > So what's the solution going to be?
> >
> Start hosting it in every eu country and see how they will have fun
> sending C&D all over spending money just to discover the target moves
> faster than their letters?
> Their patent looks illegal and I'm not sure how much they are confident
> if it comes verify it.

That's just stupid. After the second time you've been dragged to
curt you will not easily get of with a "i didn't know there was a patent"
anymore but will be sued for knowingly breaking the law. Or in
short: This isn't going to work this way.

The only thing we can do is either invalidate the patent or
prevent software patents from getting trough the EU parliament.

				Attila Kinali

--
?????????