[Ffmpeg-devel] Porting to TI DM642 DSP

Patrick Noffke patrick.noffke
Fri Apr 15 08:19:12 CEST 2005

I'd like to use the ffmpeg libraries on a TI DM642 DSP.  Can anyone
comment on the feasibility of doing this, and perhaps provide an
overview of the hurdles I need to overcome?   Initially, I see two major
challenges:

1)  Compiling -- I imagine #include statements will need to be modified
to work with TI's tools.  I would like to avoid major modifications to
the source with #ifdef statements (and I believe this is the philosophy
of ffmpeg developers).  Additionally, some types may not be supported
with TI's compiler.

2)  Optimization -- Initially, I just want to build without
optimization.  Then (assuming performance is less than great), I intend
to optimize certain primitives (e.g. DC T), preferrably by using TI's
versions of these primitives.

Can anyone comment on the above two challenges (or others), and
recommend ways to overcome them?  Perhaps someone that ported to another
platform would be able to make some recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrick