[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in snow revision 1.50 - broken lossless mode

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Apr 14 02:39:45 CEST 2005

Hi

On Thursday 14 April 2005 02:19, Yartrebo wrote:
> I've got lossless working on the identity transform (removed dwt/idwt
> for lossless), and the results are nice.
>
> > size    name
> > 5808338 temp_speak_up_1.avi
> > 5806786 temp_speak_up_2.avi
> > 5802532 temp_speak_up_3.avi
> > 5802568 temp_speak_up_4.avi
> > 5800562 temp_speak_up_5.avi
>
> turns out I compressed this with broken 9/7, so no good for comparison.
>
> > 3567262 temp1.avi
> > 3565508 temp2.avi
> > 3563214 temp3.avi
> > 3557608 temp4.avi
> > 3532662 temp5.avi
>
> 5512428 temp_speak_up_6.avi
>
> > 2619304 temp_gummi_1.avi
> > 2619496 temp_gummi_2.avi
> > 2620204 temp_gummi_3.avi
> > 2617298 temp_gummi_4.avi
> > 2553554 temp_gummi_5.avi
>
> 2475076temp_gummi_6.avi

did u check that the resulting files really are lossless (same md5 if both
original and snow get decoded to raw yuv)?
did you try with non-anime/cartoon content?
and maybe try to disable (i)dwt only for inter frames

Michael

"nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so." -- Elrond