[Ffmpeg-devel] Ffserver: Floating exception core dump

Jacob Meuser jakemsr
Tue Apr 12 05:47:26 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 10:16:33AM +0200, Steve wrote:
> Hi ppl,
>
> I hope my problem is more close to developers than users.
>
> I'm using FreeBSD 4.11:
> # uname -a
> FreeBSD steves.home 4.11-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE #0: Sat Apr 9 17:05:12 CEST 2005 root at steves.home:/usr/src/sys/compile/STEVES i386
>
> I've installed ffmpeg (version 0.4.9-pre1, build 4718) from ports but when ffserver is started it exits immediately with:
> # ffserver -f ffserver.conf
> Floating exception (core dumped)
> #
> kernel: pid 128 (ffserver), uid 0: exited on signal 8 (core dumped)

I think(?) this was fixed after 0.4.9-pre1.  I don't use ffserver,
but I do remember some discussion about it being broken, and
eventually fixed, some time ago.

anyway, it's possible noone is answering because whenever some has
a problem with a "more than 24 hours since CVS checkout" version of
ffmpeg, the first advice is, "use CVS".

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>