[Ffmpeg-devel] structure initializers don't compile on VC

Dave Dodge dododge
Sun Apr 10 17:06:46 CEST 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 03:44:29PM +0200, Yaron Tadmor wrote:
> aa globaa = {.b=1};
>
> I understand this is an extended syntax. Is there any extension for VC with
> this syntax?

Designated initializers are Standard C, as of 1999.  Microsoft has
decided for the time being that they will not fully support C99 in
MSVC.

> What compilers support this?

Most other recent C compilers?  gcc certainly does; I suspect even the
version of gcc that Microsoft ships with "Services for Unix" can
handle this.

                                                  -Dave Dodge