[DVDnav-discuss] [FFmpeg-devel] New Server

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Aug 2 02:05:29 CEST 2015

Hi

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 07:03:37PM +0200, Antonio Guillermo Martínez Largo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're the proposer of the OVH option.
>
> Of course the project people should select the best options but for me is
> difficult to argue that the option we propose is not one of the best.
>
> Our offer is a 2 years prepaid high end server under the administrative
> and tech management of the ffmpeg community (the contact for the server
> will be person you decide, with no relation with our company except 3.000
> euros prepaid transfer we'll do). The server would be hosted in a top 5
> provider in europe (may be top 1/2 for dedicated servers, nº 3 hosting
> provider in the world according netcraft in Jan 2014, 700.000 customers
> today) with 100% uptime for their site since two years (0 outages since
> April 2013).
>
> For us is difficult to understand it's discarded based on some
> not-so-conclusive test (also not applied over the other options in the
> same way).
>
> In any case, our offer is still alive next week if you think it twice.

I just picked the 2 which had noone saying anything against, we had
several more offers than what we need. And several more great offers
than what we need.

but maybe theres a way to still make everyone happy ?
If you wish to help/contribute, you could donate to FFmpeg,MPlayer,
RTMPDump or DVDNav and the specific project could setup a sponsor page
or something maybe
reynaldo (in cc) i think wanted to suggest such a sponsor page for
FFmpeg  in a different context already ...

or maybe someone of the admins sees a use for another server ?

[...]

The real ebay dictionary, page 2
"100% positive feedback" - "All either got their money back or didnt complain"
"Best seller ever, very honest" - "Seller refunded buyer after failed scam"