[DVDnav-discuss] Bad Sector copy protection

Yippee Three-eight yp_38 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 18:16:20 CEST 2014

I've been told that I should post this here as a bug report.

I'm running OpenSUSE 13.1, 64-bit as my HTPC.  I've been using it for a while without problem.  However, recently (after a bunch of package updates) I can no longer play DVDs that contain bad sector copy protection.  I had been using VLC.  Now, when I try to play one of these DVDs it only works if I go through the VLC menu, select "No disc menus", then I have to select the correct title.  Of course, I have to find a way to play the DVD to find out what the title is first as it is a random title number.

I've also tried using mplayer from the command line.  I get DRI errors and no play.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Mike