[DVDnav-discuss] Strange DVD playback skip/freeze

Tuomo Sipola tuomo.sipola at iki.fi
Mon Apr 28 20:24:49 CEST 2014

28.04.2014 19:54, Roger Pack wrote:
> Hmm looks like some type of split between cells or something...though
> I don't really know what I'm talking about.
>
> If there is a long pause within both VLC (did you try nightlites/git
> master?) and mplayer then you and I both imagine that it's some type
> of weirdness in libdvdnav...hmm...
> Anyway I'm out of ideas, anybody else want to handle this one?

My guess is that the video stream itself is corrupted, i.e., that they
saved a corrupt file on the DVD because, as I stated, I tested with
another physical DVD box that I bought. Or maybe this is something that
might work on a DVD player but not on my computer, I haven't tested.

I currently have newest stable builds. VLC freezes for a long time
(earlier versions had blocks on the screen and skipped to the next
chapter). Mplayer shows the blocks and skips to the next chapter. I am
not sure if this is a libdvdnav problem or a problem with the players or
codecs or whatever.

--
Tuomo Sipola
tuomo.sipola at iki.fi