[DVDnav-discuss] libdvdnav bug causes VLC to crash

Danie Theron danie.theron.101 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 22:42:39 CEST 2013

Hi there,

Not sure if someone will be able to help me, I have reported this to VLC
bug tracker but my ticket was closed as it appears to be a bug in the
libdvdnav library.

I have a whole set of Dragonball Z Remastered DVDs, but VLC crashes when I
skip the intro track (does not matter which episode on the DVD), also
happens with all the DVDs in the set.

vlc: searching.c:566: dvdnav_get_position: Assertion `(signed)*pos != -1'
failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

DVD Details:
Region 1,2 & 4
NTSC

All other DVDs I have plays fine.

Let me know if I should attach the vlc debug log, or if you need more
details :)

Thanks
Danie