[DVDnav-discuss] Question regarding libdvdnav-4.2.0+20130225-3 mailing list and spin requests.

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Nov 29 19:22:23 CET 2013

On 26.11.2013 01:06, amit kumar gupta wrote:
> We are in the process of adding support for new arch (ppc64le) and as
> part of that we wanted to send patches for config.guess and configure as
> appropriate.

WTH is this new architecture?

> libdvdnav-4.2.0+20130225-3 could not be built on ppc64le because it had
> an outdated configure/config.guess/sub. Since your pkg uses libtool and
> the latest tarball of your pkg didn't build on ppc64le due to outdated
> libtool present on your system. We wanted to request you to upgrade your
> libtool to the alpha release of libtool which has all the bits and
> pieces needed for ppc64le support.
>
> In that context, I wanted to confirm the below
>
> 1) Should we send patches to this mailing list or there is some other
> mailing list ?

You may try the mailing list

libdvdnav-devel at videolan.org

and also the Git tree at

git://git.videolan.org/libdvdread

which has a much less crazy build system.  Probably it will work out of
the box if your local libtool version is new enough to support ppc64le.
  At least I don't see a reason why it should not.

Diego