[DVDnav-discuss] Question regarding libdvdnav-4.2.0+20130225-3 mailing list and spin requests.

amit kumar gupta amitg at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 26 07:06:34 CET 2013

Hi,

We are in the process of adding support for new arch (ppc64le) and as
part of that we wanted to send patches for config.guess and configure as
appropriate.
libdvdnav-4.2.0+20130225-3 could not be built on ppc64le because it had
an outdated configure/config.guess/sub. Since your pkg uses libtool and
the latest tarball of your pkg didn't build on ppc64le due to outdated
libtool present on your system. We wanted to request you to upgrade your
libtool to the alpha release of libtool which has all the bits and
pieces needed for ppc64le support.

In that context, I wanted to confirm the below

1) Should we send patches to this mailing list or there is some other
mailing list ?

2)  New libtool alpha release which supports ppc64le arch is available,
you may  pick up the alpha release from either of the below :

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.4.2.418.tar.gz (1.6MB)

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.4.2.418.tar.xz (920KB)

It would be great if you can install this new libtool which supports
ppc64le, and spin the pkg and let us know the new tar availability. We
can test it on ppc64le architecture for you.
Please let me know if you are planning to release or spin newer version.

Currently I used

http://daniel-baumann.ch/files/debian.old/CURRENT/libdvdnav/4.2.0+20130225-3/

Which does not have ppc64le support.

Your response is highly appreciated