[DVDnav-discuss] Can't watch DVD

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:34:25 CEST 2013

I don't think lsdvd uses dvdnav, but rather just dvdread directly.
And since most of the improvements to handle marginal DVDs (like copy
protection schemes) need to be done at the dvdnav level rather than
dvdread, apps like lsdvd won't work.

Consider trying apps that use dvdnav directly, like handbrake, mplayer
(with dvdnav://), xine, or any other number of of apps.

I brought this issue up with the lsdvd author some time ago, and he
says he's no longer supporting it, so I consider it a dead end at this
time.

mrc