[DVDnav-discuss] Problems with libdvdread 4.2

Guy Dawson guyd at galdor.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 10:41:50 CET 2013

Hi

In common with many other people,  I appear to be having problems with
libdvdread.

Whilst I am in no tearing hurry to resolve this,  and I am currently happy
to await a resolution,  I thought it might be helpful to share my
experience.

I have been using VLC under Fedora for some time now,  and have had no
major problems until I upgraded to F17.  With the current setup, I cannot
play DVD using VLC.  A similar problem occurs if I try lsdvd,  which give
this result ;

<<<<

[root at blitz ~]# lsdvd /dev/sr1
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.11 for DVD access

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in
/builddir/build/BUILD/libdvdread-4.2.0/src/ifo_read.c:1251 ***
*** for vts_ptt_srpt->title[i].ptt[j].pgn != 0 ***

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in
/builddir/build/BUILD/libdvdread-4.2.0/src/ifo_read.c:1980 ***
*** for pgci_ut->nr_of_lus < 100 ***

The point I want to make here is that this happens with Disney's Toy
Story, which is a disc that I have defineatly played in the past using
VLC.  This implies that whatever the problem is,  it is a regression
rather that a new bug.

Note that this happend on both X86_64 & i686 systems.

I this information helps...

UBD