[DVDnav-discuss] Fix for segfault in libdvdnav

simo idra at samba.org
Sun Aug 18 22:04:56 CEST 2013

Hello dvdnav list,
While trying to play a recent movie VLC segfaulted when describing title
chapters.

Looking at the backtrace it seem that a cell is simply returned empty,
but there is no check and it is dereferenced, thus causing the segfualt.

The attached, simple, patch fixes my issue by skipping empty cells.

I still don't know if it causes any side effect as I haven't watched the
whole movie yet, but by skipping through it seemed all ok.

(I am not subscribed, so please keep me in CC if you need to ask me anything)

Simo.