[DVDnav-discuss] Is it possible to work around `PTT search table too small.`?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 26 00:49:01 CEST 2013

Dear gnosygnu,

thanks a lot for your informative answer.

Am Mittwoch, den 24.04.2013, 00:18 -0400 schrieb gnosygnu:

[…]

unfortunately I saved my last testing attempts in `/tmp` and forgot to
save them over a reboot, so lost those as my `/tmp` gets cleaned on
every start. So only a short answer.

> TL;DR: As a wild guess (which is likely wrong), you can try:
>    (gdb) p vts_ptt_srpt->nr_of_srpts = 23
>
> I'm going to guess there are 23 "chapters" in the title, and if you update
> the number correctly, the rest of the process may complete.

I think that setting it to 24 worked too and with 23 I get the same
behavior that over 20 GB of storage are consumed (and then it aborts
because my disc is full).

I’d never expected, as Fabian’s tool, mentioned in his reply, tries to
solve, that some of these VOB files are exactly the same.
VTS_0{5,6,7,8}_1.VOB seem to be similar and each gets filled up to 1 GB.
That is why the disc fills up. I guess I am lucky that I never
experienced that before.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul