[DVDnav-discuss] Error in libdvdnav when reading iso images

Oncaphillis oncaphillis at snafu.de
Fri May 25 10:23:07 CEST 2012

I used to create DVD iso images via k3b and played them via VLC.
With isos of relatively newly released DVD this stops to work and
VLC fails with the message

  libdvdnav: demux error! 00 00 00 (should be 0x000001)

Playing directly from /dev/dvd still works

The distro is Fedora16
+ k3b == 2.0.2
+ libdvdcss == 1.2.11 ( I also tested 1.2.12)
+ vlc = 1.1.13
+ libdvdnav  4.1.4. I also tried the current SVN build

I get the same error when playing with mplayer and
I also tried brasero for iso creation.

Since direct play works it seems like brasero/k3b have
problems to create a proper iso and the problems sits
somewhere in the libs.

Thank you

O.