[DVDnav-discuss] Please add dvdnav_dup() and dvdnav_free_dup() functions from the handbrake project

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Thu May 24 22:25:38 CEST 2012

> I tested your git.  Works great.

Very good! I am glad I didn't screw anything up.

> I also compared your git to my patchset.
> You have merged them all with the exception of part of one patch.
>  Unfortunately, I now can not remember the circumstances under which this
> small patch was useful.  I have a vague recollection that it was a rare
> corner case that I stumbled over, but it's been so long I really don't know.
>  I'm attaching the patch if you have any interest in it. It was originally
> part of the patch to fix vm_reset problem.

My only issue w/ the patch is that it isn't clear why we would need to
change the VOB if the this->file is null. Especially confusing is the snippet
of code inside the conditional block:
if(this->file) {
  DVDCloseFile(this->file);
  this->file = NULL;
}

It implies that this->file being null is not a big deal. I am going to
leave this
patch out for now.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org