[DVDnav-discuss] Please add dvdnav_dup() and dvdnav_free_dup() functions from the handbrake project

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue May 22 01:52:36 CEST 2012

> please consider applying the following patch originating from the
> handbrake project:
> <https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/blob/master/contrib/libdvdnav/A08-dvdnav-dup.patch>
>
> It adds two new functions, dvdnav_dup() and dvdnav_free_dup(), that
> duplicate a dvdnav_t object and remove a duplicate from memory,
> respectively - well, at least roughly.

After breaking this patch into 4 parts, I have add this patch to
my personal tree. As long as some people test this, I will have no
problem pushing this feature to svn before the next release.

You can find my personal tree here:
https://github.com/microe/libdvdnav

Thanks for bringing this patch to our attention again.

John - if you are out there, I have split this patch into
4 different pieces b/c the vm_stop/vm_close stuff is
separate from the dvdnav_dup change. If I stuffed anything
up, please let me know.

Thanks to John for originally writing this patch.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/