[DVDnav-discuss] Problem with DVD

Fabian Keil fk at fabiankeil.de
Fri Jul 27 17:02:15 CEST 2012

Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it> wrote:

> The same is also true for my "The Producers" DVD. Here playing title 1
> with dvdnav starts with a clip from another title (but the correct
> audio), then the video changes to the correct (and the sync gets
> corrected slowly, initial it's 10 seconds or so apart.
> After seeking, it gets ok, though... That DVD is from Sony with a
> different copy protection scheme. I have the IFO files lying around
> somewhere: http://www.roalter.it/dvd/downloads/producers_dvd.tar.gz
>
> That won't work on my True Grit DVD though.  I've yet to find out which
> of the titles holds the main feature, and dvdnav:// alone doesn't help
> either;
>
> There are 99 titles on this DVD.
> There are 0 chapters in this DVD title.
> There are 1 angles in this DVD title.

I assume you are talking about the Coen remake which fits
the 99 titles description?

I didn't try watching True Grit from the disc directly (yet),
but at least the disk copy worked fine in vlc with menus.
The "Play" button in the menu leads to title 5, which also
seems to be the longest title (6348.48) on the DVD.

mplayer dvdnav://5 -dvd-device TRUE_GRIT seems to work as well,
but I only checked the first few minutes. Without specifying the
title it doesn't work with mplayer for me either.

vlc plays title 4 (5574.76) when menus aren't used.

Fabian