[DVDnav-discuss] libdvdread: UDF rework

Jorgen Lundman lundman at lundman.net
Fri Jan 13 09:59:03 CET 2012

>> To make a whole new library, to be able to read all UDF filesystems,
>> when 99% of the sources will be identical seems crazy. In your fine
>
> Maybe I am wrong, but dvdread is a bit more than dvd_udf.c.

Absolutely correct, but I only needed to change dvd_udf.c to make it fully
UDF compatible. Everything else remains the same.

> Sure, libbluray does not support .iso. But I would prefer to use your
> new udf code in libbluray directly, than link libbluray to libdvdreadX

So then, you WOULD prefer if you have 2 UDF reading libraries, one with
libbluray for all UDFs, as well as libdvdread with libdvdnav?

That is what you are saying, rather than libbluray using libdvdread for all
UDF access.

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)