[DVDnav-discuss] libdvdread: UDF rework

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Jan 13 09:17:32 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 02:40:22PM +0900, Jorgen Lundman wrote :
> Now since dvd_udf.c is nearly "unrecognisable" to the original
> (although backwards compatible), and our past history, I feel it is
> probably not worth working with patches any more. Perhaps it is
> better if I simply spin off my own fork of libdvdread. I'm sure we
> all agree here.

Why not create a small library or just a set of headers to just read
UDF volumes? Something similar to libiso9660(, but actually portable).
And see if other libraries can use it, like libdvdread or
libbluray...

Using libdvdread to read Blu-Ray hierarchies seems a bit weird, as a
concept, but also since it would take with it, some of the DVD cruft;
and, sorry to say, many of the crashes...

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734