[DVDnav-discuss] Assert failed when using libdvdread in vlc

John Stebbins stebbins at jetheaddev.com
Tue Jan 10 17:07:28 CET 2012

On 01/10/2012 03:26 AM, Honza Horak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is a low priority bug report against libdvdread at:
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/770720
>
> I'm not able to reproduce it myself, but the original reporter is able
> to reproduce it every time using these steps:
> 1. Create a DVD on Toshiba XS32
> 2. Create image on hard disk with K3b
> 3. Play image with vlc
>
> Actual results:
> vlc gives "libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in
> /builddir/build/BUILD/libdvdread-4.1.4/src/nav_read.c:264"
>
> Expected results:
> No messages

CHECK_VALUE isn't an assert, it just prints a message when something
doesn't match what is expected.  An assert would abort if NDEBUG was
not set when building libdvdread.

The message is being printed because dvdread is seeing a non-zero
value in a reserved field that is suppose to always be zero.  This
sounds like a bug in k3b to me.

--
John      GnuPG fingerprint: D0EC B3DB C372 D1F1 0B01  83F0 49F1 D7B2 60D4 D0F7