[DVDnav-discuss] Problem with DVD

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 17:28:22 CEST 2012

Old thread but .....

Which track to play could also vary by which version of the disc you
get in rental vs purchase.  The discs you get from Netflix or Red Box
are starting to have no extras on them in order to encourage folks who
want to watch those to buy rather than rent.

For the case when I watched it via rental it was track 68, if my
command line history is correct.

The way that I usually figure out which track it is is to use xine.
On my Linux box, DVDs get mounted as /media/cdrom.  If I use xine
dvd:/media/cdrom (instead of xine dvd:/dev/dvd), it displays the
track.  In theory you could do the same with mplayer dvdnav:  and
navigate to the feature but the output is a lot noisier.

mrc