[DVDnav-discuss] [patch] Fix SIGSEGV in dvdnav_describe_title_chapters

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue Apr 3 20:08:03 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Sylvain HENRY <hsyl20 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please consider checking and applying the attached patch. It fixes a
> segfault occuring with some DVDs. It seems to be the same problem as the one
> mentionned here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libdvdnav/+bug/934471
>
> In my case, "cellnr" and "endcellnr" variables were set to 0 when the crash
> occured.

Although I don't doubt that your patch fixes the problem for you it seems
to address a different problem. The crash is likely because:
cell = &pgc->cell_playback[cellnr-1];

In this case cellnr should never be zero because cellnr-1 will evaluate to
UINT_MAX. A patch that is more likely to be accepted is one that
checks cellnr. What does the attached patch do?

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/