[DVDnav-discuss] Libdvdread misses hidden files and causes segfaults to calling programs [patch attached]

Jorgen Lundman lundman at lundman.net
Tue Sep 20 03:24:17 CEST 2011

> On a side note: The linux UDF driver does show the file correctly. Since
> libdvdread brings its own UDF implementation, it doesn't need to mount the DVD
> in order to access it. This much I understand. Now a question: would it be
> possible to use such an approach also for blu-ray? Currently, I have to mount
> the drive in order to access it with the br:// interface, but if my thoughts are
> correct, the same method could be applied to it, so one wouldn't have to mount
> the drive beforehand. On the other hand, I reckon there are much more different
> file accesses to be done, which are much more easier to go through the normal
> api instead of the own UDF driver.

I wrote the required patches to read BD UDF filesystems for libdvdread. One
could either have them accepted here, or simply rename a version of libdvdread
to libbdread, and take out the DVD specific calls.

I'm a little disappointed in Hollywood for not using the VOB gaps to their
advantage, as libdvdread still does not follow chains correctly (another patch
submitted) Oh well :)

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)