[DVDnav-discuss] Libdvdread misses hidden files and causes segfaults to calling programs [patch attached]

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Tue Sep 20 01:18:41 CEST 2011

Ok, then here goes a minimal invasive patch:

I still like my first try better, but I understand noone has any desire
to review it.

On a side note: The linux UDF driver does show the file correctly. Since
libdvdread brings its own UDF implementation, it doesn't need to mount
the DVD in order to access it. This much I understand. Now a question:
would it be possible to use such an approach also for blu-ray?
Currently, I have to mount the drive in order to access it with the
br:// interface, but if my thoughts are correct, the same method could
be applied to it, so one wouldn't have to mount the drive beforehand. On
the other hand, I reckon there are much more different file accesses to
be done, which are much more easier to go through the normal api instead
of the own UDF driver.
Again, if libdvdread would have used the linux driver (and would require
to mount the device), then this error wouldn't have happened (and I
would call it an error, since it's a legal (?) file name that gets
truncated and therefore fools the current implementation.

--
Cheers,
Alex