[DVDnav-discuss] cross/mingw compilation (was assertion failure with certain DVD's)

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:18:59 CET 2011

>> $./configure2
>> ./configure2: line 95: cd: /usr/local/: No such file or directory #
>> needs to be run in bash I believe
>
> Nope, you need to set the install prefix with --prefix=blabla

Sweet that fixed it, as long as the prefix exists, otherwise same
error message different path :)

>> Checking if we're big-endian... ./configure2: line 113: mktemp: command not found

This meant I didn't have msys installed, only mingw (my bad).

>> Done, type 'make install' to build and install

>> (appears to set HAVE_DLFCN_H in error)
>
> Without using autotools, dlfcn.h presence is not detected

Is there a way to use autotools with libdvdread?  I'm a bit lost, as
is evident.  though I can work around it for now.  This actually makes
me wonder how anybody is compiling it for their windows distros today.
 I know mplayer just uses the src directory and its own configs (which
work), dunno about VLC/others.  It seems like both msys and cross
compiling don't work, or can somebody give me an example of how they
do work, somehow?

> ./msvc/config.h:#define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
>
> And it is assumed to exist (is this file made for Visual Studio?)

I guess so, since it's under the msvc dir.

>> Also as a note when it runs strip and ranlib, if it's being cross
>> compiled, it would be helpful to call their equivalent:
>> $ ./configure2 --cc=i586-mingw32msvc-gcc
>> should eventually call i586-mingw32msvc-ranlib
>>
>> maybe it could use a new configure option for a prefix or what not.
>
> ./configure --host=i586-mingw32-msvc should work

Yes I think it needs an option like that added (configure2 doesn't
appear to have one as of yet).

-roger-