[DVDnav-discuss] How to open the source package using the libdvdnav and libdvdreader package, It is urgent for us, thanks

divers_dai divers_dai at alphanetworks.com
Mon Sep 27 03:46:50 CEST 2010

Hi All:

As we know, the libdvdnav is licensed  by GPL .
and now we want to porting the libdvdnav to our commercial project.
Our project is developing on the Sigma Design media chip.
In our player , running as a process, 1) Receive the control command
from user.
2) Response the current status to UI.
3) Call the libdvdnav' API to open/close file, read the sector, and
inquire the track information and so on.
4) Call the Sigma sdk api to open/close the hardware decoder.
5) Get the media stream sector got by the dvdnav API and send to the
hardware decoder by the Sigma SDK API.

Questions:
we use the libdvdnav as dynamic library of our player.
How should we release  the source package that using the libdvdnav.

1) Just release the libdvdnav package with the patch?
or

2) Contain the player code with the sigma SDK library?

or
3) Contain the player  code with the sigma SDK source?

Please help to guide us how to release the source package.

Thanks.

divers