[DVDnav-discuss] r1200 - trunk/libdvdread/src/dvd_reader.c

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue Jul 20 19:57:43 CEST 2010

>> KO Myung-Hun ha scritto:
>> >You should consider 'a' .. 'z' case as well. Or it would be better to
>> >use isalpha().
>> >

>> isalpha() is better. Committed
>
> Not that I mind, but it's actually wrong.
> A-Z and a-z and only those are valid drive letters, no matter what
> the locale is - there is no drive "ä", "å" "ñ" or whatever.

I am as pedantic as the next guy. But there are two reasons why I think
isalpha() is better in this instance.
1. KO Myung-Hun suggested it and this code is only in the OS/2 porting.
    They are the ones who even have to live w/ this code.
2. isalpha() is way more human readable then the equality operators.

But I won't revert any commit that goes w/ the more pedantic check.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/