[DVDnav-discuss] r1178 - in trunk/libdvdread/src: dvd_reader.c dvdread/dvd_reader.h

Nico Sabbi nicola.sabbi at poste.it
Wed Sep 2 15:43:12 CEST 2009

Il mercoledì 2 settembre 2009 15:39:06 Diego Biurrun ha scritto:
> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 03:30:57PM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > >
> > > While you're at it..
> > >
> > > Have you looked at syncing with the original libdvdread?
> >
> > if you do it, please ignore the buffer alignment code: to me it
> > seems totally useless
>
> Why?
>
> Diego

well, as I said it seemed useless both to me and to others who I asked
to. I also posted a question on their ML, but there was no response.
It also takes huge amounts of code, one more reason to avoid it if the
benefits of the feature are not clear. We are not talking of  _aligned
macros to prepend to variables and structs, but of totally different
stuff.