[DVDnav-discuss] DVDFileStat() not usable in svn r1186?

Charles Kerr charles at transmissionbt.com
Wed Dec 2 03:03:04 CET 2009

I'm hitting an error when trying to compile ogmrip, which uses
DVDFileStat().  The problem is that dvd_stat_t is now an opaque
structure, so there's no way to declare one to pass into
DVDFileStat(), and no way to access its opaque fields.

Is this intentional?  The ChangeLog says 4.1.4 "added a missing
DVDFileStat function", so it seems like this function is supposed to
be public... but it's not usable by any code except for the .c file
that defines dvd_stat_s.

This change appears to come from
http://www.mail-archive.com/dvdnav-discuss@mplayerhq.hu/msg00843.html
back in February -- eight months ago.  That's a long time, so maybe
I'm misreading how this is supposed to work?

Please CC me in your replies as I'm not subscribed to dvdnav-discuss.

cheers,
Charles