[DVDnav-discuss] Use of _MSC_VER defines doesn't work for mingw compile

John Stebbins jstebbins at jetheaddev.com
Sat Aug 1 23:40:27 CEST 2009

On 08/01/2009 01:44 AM, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 31/07/2009 alle 17.12 -0700, John Stebbins ha scritto:
>> dvd_reader.c and dvdread_internal.h use a mix of _WIN32 and _MSC_VER for
>> windows specific code.  _WIN32 works for mingw, but _MSC_VER does not.
>> The practical effect of the incorrectly built code is that the dvd is
>> not opened as an image and thus the css keys are never obtained and
>> decryption doesn't happen.
>>
>> Patch attached.
>>

> i'm not familiar with windows code, thus I'll commit this patch tomorrow
> unless someone objects.
> Thanks.

Something just occurred to me.  You really shouldn't commit this patch
without my previous patch for large file support under mingw.  Since
this patch enables opening the disc as a single image instead of
multiple separate VOB files, you *will* run into the 2G file size limit
where you wouldn't have before.