[DVDnav-discuss] Use of _MSC_VER defines doesn't work for mingw compile

John Stebbins stebbins at jetheaddev.com
Sat Aug 1 19:43:14 CEST 2009

If you're in the mood for patches, I've got some more for you.  Also,
please have a look at the patches I submitted on 4/24.  When they were
submitted, there was very little discussion, so I don't know if that was
an implicit reject or nobody had the time to review them.

The attached patches are for some particular needs our project has, so
you may or may not have interest in them.  Just thought I would pass
them by you.

1. Return fail status if nr_of_lus is invalid.  We've encountered some
discs that cause libdvdread consume vast amounts of memory (gigabytes)
if allowed to proceed with titles that have this set to an invalid
value. I wish I could remember the particular disc I used for testing,
but it's been a while and it escapes me.

2. Add dvdnav_program_play and dvdnav_current_title_program analogs to
dvdnav_part_play and dvdnav_current_title_info.
We add chapter marks to the output mkv or mp4 files while encoding.
Using title parts is not reliable for this.  The start of a part does
not necessarily fall strictly inside the main title.  Parts can have an
intro sequence before getting into the title.  So we use program
boundaries instead of part markers to test when we have reached a
chapter point during encoding of the title.

3. Eliminate "RANDOM or SHUFFLE titles not handled yet". The bit tested
here does not indicate
'random or shuffle' - it only says that the title uses multiple PGCs.
Since libdvdnav mostly deals correctly
with mult PGC titles (modulo some weirdness when seeking) we need the
state to get set correctly.

4. Prevent display of garbage volume label when the file being scanned
is not a dvd. This is a simple movement of the code that logs the volume
name to after the point that some basic validation of the disc has been
performed.