[DVDnav-discuss] dvdread patch for broken dvd's

jezz at hkfree.org jezz at hkfree.org
Mon Oct 6 22:09:37 CEST 2008

Hi,
here are my answers. Cosmetics are not problem, but before fixing them, the idea
of this code must be approved. For file there are 2 possible tag values - 261
for File Entry (4/14.9 in Ecma 167) or Extended File Entry (4/14.17). For some
VOBS on DVD there is no File Entry or Extended File Entry. But there is
Extended Attribute Header Entry with tag 262 (4/14.10). If I handle 262 entry
as 261, than DVD plays fine, but that is wrong - EA Header is not File Entry +
some data. It contains data associated with some File Entry, but there is none.
Therefor this DVD is broken. But ISO 9660 filesystem is ok - kernel mounts this
DVD and totem can play it (totem don't plays discs directly, but only mounted).
I can play VOB directly using mplayer, but I can't use dvdnav or some mplayer front-ends.
This ISO stuff uses correct ISO fs if file search on UDF fails. This fixes my
problem - and maybe others, too.

--
Jezz
mail:   jezz at hkfree.org