[DVDnav-discuss] Problems with libdvdnavmini.so.4.1.3 and VIDEO_TS

Charles philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 3 16:06:55 CEST 2008

Hello all:

I upgraded my mplayer to dev-SVN-r27683-4.2.1 a few hours ago, linked
against libdvdnavmini.so.4.1.3 (SVN-r1153). However, I am having a problem with
VIDEO_TS directory play back. Here is the error that I am getting:

,----
| Playing dvdnav://.
| libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version SVN-r1153
| libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
| libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
| libdvdnav: Can't read name block. Probably not a DVD-ROM device.
| libdvdnav: Unable to find map file '/home/karnak/.dvdnav/.map'
| libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
| mplayer: /usr/src/packages/BUILD/dvdnav/src/vm/vm.c:1071: play_Cell: Assertion `0' failed.
|

| MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: open_stream
| - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
|   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
|   gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
|   DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
|   won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.
`----

However, the same DVD plays back fine when I play from the DVD
drive. Also I have no problems with VIDEO_TS play back when the same
version of mplayer is linked libdvdnavmini.so.4.1.1. Here is the backtrace: