[DVDnav-discuss] I/O Callbacks

Andreas Öman andreas at olebyn.nu
Wed Jun 11 13:08:22 CEST 2008

Hi

I've been thinking about adding the ability for dvdnav/dvdread
applications to provide replacement callbacks for open() / close() /
read() / seek(), in order to support reading of DVDs from "virtualized
filesystems" or similar things. (UPnP servers, etc).

It should be rather straightforward I think.

This brings up two questions:

a) Is this something other here are interested in? API opinions?

b) It needs to be done for libdvdcss as well which is not maintained
here. Is it actively maintained? I think it's hosted at videolan.org.
Does anyone here know how to get in contact with the maintainers?