[DVDnav-discuss] r1078 - trunk/libdvdread/autogen.sh

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 22:58:33 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:
> Il Friday 06 June 2008 22:38:41 Dan Nicholson ha scritto:
>>
>> Nico, you can honestly drop all of this stuff. Just set
>> AC_PREREQ(version you want) before AC_INIT in configure.ac and
>> autoconf will fail if it doesn't meet the version.
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html#index-AC_005fPREREQ-41
>
> good to know :) thanks

In fact, most of autogen.sh can be killed. Here's the way to enforce
minimum automake version:

http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#API-versioning

And for libtool:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/libtool.html#index-LT_005fPREREQ-85

I'd also suggest just running autoreconf instead autoconf,
autoheader... manually. It's much smarter than we are about how to use
the autotools.

--
Dan