[DVDnav-discuss] DVD works with dvdnav but not with dvdread

Frederik Holljen fh at nextrawave.com
Wed Dec 10 10:36:46 CET 2008

> ever heard of crippled dvds to prevent copy? Relying on the DVD-VM
>  that dvdnav uses but dvdread doesn't is one of those nice practices
I've heard of this yes. But it still seems strange to me as a user
that it works with one and not with the other. I'm using vlc to
convert various dvd content to transport stream and using dvdread is
the best option since I'm not interested in ripping menu's etc :)

If you don't mind answering my newbie questions:
What does the DVD-VM do? Why do you use it in dvdnav but not in dvdread?

Cheers,
Frederik